Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's the weekend, and I am at work....

     Well, here it is, Saturday, and here I sit at a small hospital in L.A. for my monthly stint at work.  I have been a Radiologic Technologist for, 20 *cough* years *cough*, but I really didn't work full time after 1993 when we had our beautiful first baby, Eryn.  I continued working part-time through my pregnancy with Jeffrey in 1995, and then became a full time SAHM just before he was born.  Then I went on to have Mary Glenn in 1997, and SURPRISE! Colin in 2004!!  After being diagnosed with R.A. in 2005, also right after I lost my Daddy, I really became depressed.  The meds weren't working, the meds they put me on were so expensive, and I just retreated into a hole for a while.  Then in 2006, I decided that I needed to get out of the house, so I applied for this job, and started in June of that year.  I work a 48 hour weekend and technically I am on call, (ha-ha), but I stay in house, and go home early Monday morning. 

     So, while I have breaks, I tend to surf the Internet.  Sometimes I shop, but what I really love to do is read other peoples blogs! There are sooo many creative, talented people out there in cyber space!!! I had no idea!!  On the subject of Radiology, I want to share some great art I discovered several years ago.  Steven N. Meyers is an Xray Tech. who began experimenting with the art of taking Xray pictures of flowers and other living things.  They actual pictures are quite difficult to produce so he doesn't have a huge catalog of prints, but what he does have is absolutely beautiful.  Picture the inner workings of  a flower but the colors are quite muted and beautiful.  I have three dogwood prints in our bedroom, and I adore them.  Here is and example of one print that I have, I will have to take a pic of my framed prints and post!!                                                                                                                                                                                        


tulips trio
Another really neat thing Steven has done is tinting his prints.  I am planning to get a few for my girls rooms!  I highly recommend you check out his website www.xray-art.com, there are prints there for purchase and also links to other sites that carry his work.  Did I mention that these prints are REALLY affordable!!! They are!!  Well, back to work for me now!  Only 31 hours left to go!!   Let's be safe out there ya'll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment