Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Here we goooo!"-Peter Pan

     I have been thinking about writing a blog for some time now, mainly because I lay awake at night with all of these thoughts running through my head!!  Now I can express those thoughts to whomever, whenever, and maybe, just maybe get some sleep!!
     First, a little about myself.  I am a mother of five children, four whom I gave birth to, Eryn, Jeffrey, Mary Glenn, and Colin, and one who came into our life at age 18, and has become one of ours, Ike.   More on that later.....I am a UPS widow, meaning, my husband is there more than he is home, unfortunately.  This October 26th, I will be married for 20 years.   My children are my life, everything pretty much revolves around them.        I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and I sometimes want to pretend that I don't, but then it comes back and bites me on the behind when I don't take care of myself.  Basically, it SUCKS. 
      We own an OLD house.  I mean like about 150 years old, old.  We like to call it the money pit.  We have done a lot of renovating on the inside, but the outside continues to be a money sucker! I have come to the conclusion that if this old house is ready by the time one of my girls (or boys!) is married, I will be satisfied.  (yeah keep telling yourself that La)  Anyway, some of my posts will be about the house, and things we have done or are working on.  I love interior design, and I love floral arranging.  I would love to one day have a business where I can put my love of flowers and greenery to work. 
     So, who IS Lally???   First the name, my best friend of  30-something years,(we met in the First Grade), is also named Laura.  We quickly came up with nicknames for each other, La, Lallypop, LaLa, Lally, and they stuck.  Most of my friends call me La, or Lally.  I am a daughter, wife, mommy, sister, and friend.  Sometimes, I am a community activist.  Especially when it comes to public education.  I am a wannabe artist, and designer.  I love to take things that aren't too attractive and turn them into something new and fun.  I love to find cheap ways to make things stylish.  I am not very organized but I am working desperately to change that.  I am a Cheerleader, football, baseball (and anything else my kids do) mom. I am a part time Radiologic Technologist and I love taking care of people.  

     So, I guess that's it for now, if you were experiencing insomnia and this put you to sleep, great.  If you were bored and this killed some time for you, fabulous!   It's been a long time since I sat down and just started writing.  I hope to get better at this in time, so we'll see!  See ya'll later!

Where is the good in goodbye?  ~Meredith Willson, The Music Man

No comments:

Post a Comment